The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference is held annually as a Special Interest Group (SIG) of the ISCB's annual ISMB conference. BOSC promotes and facilitates the open source development of bioinformatics tools and open science. The aims of the conferences are to:
- Provide developers with a forum for displaying the results of their development efforts to the wider research community;
- Provide a focused environment for developers and users to interact and share ideas about software development, open science, and practical techniques in bioinformatics;
- Promote Open Science, with its focus on sharing data and tools, transparency, reproducibility, and data provenance;
- Inform the research community of important developments occurring within the Open Source Bioinformatics Developer community.
BOSC meetings to date
- BOSC 2017 Prague, Czech Republic
- BOSC 2016 Orlando, FL, USA
- BOSC 2015 Dublin, Ireland
- BOSC 2014 Boston, MA USA
- BOSC 2013 Berlin, Germany
- BOSC 2012 Long Beach, CA, USA
- BOSC 2011 Vienna, Austria
- BOSC 2010 Boston, MA USA
- BOSC 2009 Stockholm, Sweden
- BOSC 2008 Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- BOSC 2007 Vienna, Austria
- BOSC 2006 Fortaleza, Brasil
- BOSC 2005 Detroit, MI USA
- BOSC 2004 Glasgow, UK
- BOSC 2003 Brisbane, Australia
- BOSC 2002 Edmonton, Canada
- BOSC 2001 Copenhagen, Denmark
- BOSC 2000 San Diego, CA USA
In recent years the BOSC meetings have been preceded by a two day Codefest, an informal developer meeting.
- BOSC F1000 Research Channel (BOSC reports, posters, slides)
- @OBF_BOSC on Twitter
- OBF BOSC on YouTube
- OBF BOSC on Google+
The Open Bioinformatics Foundation welcomes donations to help support our work and the BOSC meeting, including offering Travel Fellowships and registration fee waivers.
We currently request USD $1000 for sponsoring BOSC, and will include your name and logo on the conference webpage, selected publicity material including blog posts and tweets, and during the conference itself during the opening and/or closing slides. Sponsors are welcome to submit work to be presented at BOSC as a talk or poster, but this will be reviewed impartially like any other submission.
We currently request USD $1500 for sponsoring BOSC and the Codefest, or USD $500 for sponsoring the pre-BOSC Codefest only, with similar publicity arrangements. Here some of the donation will directly fund lunch and refreshment for the Codefest participants. Sponsor's developer/technical staff are welcome to attend the Codefest.
We are open to discussing specific requests, such as distributing stickers or leaflets, or earmarking the sponsorship to a specific activity.
If you would like to be a sponsor of BOSC, please contact the organising committee at email@example.com.