From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
Since 2010, people from the O|B|F project communities have organized or co-organized short 2-3 day events focused on collaborative coding, documentation, and better interoperation between O|B|F and other bioinformatics open-source projects.
- Codefest 2013: July 17-18, 2013, in Berlin, Germany.
- EU Codefest 2012: July 19-20, 2012, in Lodi, Italy.
- Codefest 2012: July 11-12, 2012, at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Codefest 2011: July 13-14, 2011, in Vienna, Austria.
- Codefest 2010: July 7-8, 2010, in Boston, MA, USA.
- 2002 hackathon pictures.
- 2003 hackathon pictures.
Other hackathons involving O|B|F projects
- BioHackathon 2010
- Feb 8-12, 2010, in Tokyo, Japan. Sponsored by the Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS) and the Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC).
- BioHackathon 2009
- Mar 16-20, 2009, in Tokyo and Okinawa, Japan. Sponsored by the Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS) and the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST).
- BioHackathon 2008
- Feb 11-15, 2008, in Tokyo, Japan. Sponsored by the Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS) and the Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC).
- 2006 NESCent Phyloinformatics Hackathon
- Dec 11-15, 2006, in Durham, North Carolina. Sponsored by the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent).