- This page is being used for discussion of BOSC 2009 planning. Please see the BOSC 2009 Main Page for the official information.
NOTE: Dates in BOLD are determined by ISMB. Dates in italics are "penciled" in for planning purposes.
- Monday, November 10: Chair posts SIG proposal to Google Site for comment by organizing committee.
- Monday, November 17: SIG proposal comment period closes so proposal can be finalized.
- Wednesday, November 19, 2008: SIG proposals due to ISMB; Proposal uploaded to ISMB as of 3:06PM PST — Kdahlquist 23:06, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Tuesday, December 16, 2008: SIG proposal has been accepted by ISMB — Kdahlquist 22:51, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- Friday, January 16, 2009: SIG summary due to ISMB coordinators, Instance of OCS set up and tested (or Easy Chair)
- February 16, 2009: Registration Opens
- Wednesday, March 4, 2009: Preliminary program due to ISMB
- Thursday, April 2, 2009: Preliminary program posted online at ISMB web site
- Monday, April 13: Abstract deadline
- April 13-30, 2009: Review period
- April 30-May 12, 2009: Resolution of disagreements, decisions made
- May 13, 2009: Notification of accepted abstracts
- May 15, 2009: Early Registration Discount Cut-off date
- May 22, 2009: Abstracts revised to conform to formatting guidelines received by committee
- Monday, June 1, 2009: Handout materials (CD and/or printed) due to ISMB
- Deadline for revised papers (for proceedings if we have one)
- Saturday, June 27 and Sunday, June 28, 2009: BOSC
- June 29 to July 2, 2009: ISMB main meeting
NOTE: If we decide to publish a proceedings, we will need to add deadlines for the revision of papers and delivery to the journal either pre- or post-conference.
- We seek volunteers to help with the organization of BOSC 2009. If you wish to join the BOSC 2009 Organizing Committee, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to be on the mailing list for BOSC-related announcements, including the call for abstracts and deadline reminders, please subscribe to the Bosc-announce list.
- Kam D. Dahlquist (Loyola Marymount University)
- Oversight of entire conference
- Lonnie R. Welch (Ohio University)
- Special interest in organizing the sessions on design patterns, regulatory genomics, and grand challenges in the Post-Genomics Era.
Members and Roles
- Hilmar Lapp (BioPerl, BioSQL, and NESCent)
- Jens Lichtenberg (Ohio University)
- Publications Chair: will be responsible for collecting, organizing, and formatting abstracts, making program (PDF for hard copy), and posting to the BOSC 2009 web site, organizing proceedings
- Frank Drews (Ohio University)
- Interest in mulitcore and gpgpu computing
- Andrew Dalke (Dalke Scientific, Goteborg, Sweden)
- Jim Procter (University of Dundee, Scotland)
- Interest in a BOF/hackathon on Visualization
- Anton Nekrutenko (Penn State University)
- Overlap with Data Management & Analysis SIG
- Steffen Moeller (Institut für Neuro- und Bioinformatik)
- Computational grids
Offers to Help
- Richard Holland
- Aim for one main speaker per morning.
- Committee, please put suggestions on BOSC Planning GoogleDoc.
- Bio* Updates
- Open Source Software
- Design Patterns in Bioinformatics
- Regulatory Genomics/Computational Genomics (and hackathon)
- Multicore and GPGPU computing
- Computational Grids
- Data Management & Analysis: Overlapping session with DAM SIG
- Lightning Talks
- Birds of a Feather
Tasks & Action Items
Logistics & Planning
- Finalize BOSC 2009 web site wording: done
- Put out Call for Abstracts via e-mail (Click here to download .txt version of message):
- Bosc-announce list updated with addresses from BOSC 2008 and Call for Abstracts sent Kdahlquist 20:41, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Added BOSC 2009 organizing committee members to Bosc-announce list; sent call to committee members.
- Sent Call for Abstracts to Open Bioinformatics Foundation members list.
- I'm wondering when that list was last updated because I could not find my own name on the list and I've been a member since Summer 2006. Kdahlquist 21:38, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Update/create E-mail lists
- Participant lists from previous BOSC conferences
- O|B|F projects
- O|B|F members
- bioinformatics programs
- Advertising exchange with PLoS