The July 2019 Open Bioinformatics Foundation Public Board Meeting was held in person, as a Birds-of-Feather during the 2nd day lunch period of the 2019 BOSC.
Date, Location and Dial-In
Date and time: July 25, 12:45pm CEST
Venue: Congress Center Basel, Switzerland, in the Dehli Room (ground floor, same room as BOSC)
Dial-In for participating remotely: expired
- Term expirations and Elections to the Board (electronic ballot)
- Malvika Sharan, running for Board member at-large
- Karen Cranston’s term as Board member at-large expired in 2018, and she chose not to run for another term.
- The terms of several current Board members (Hilmar Lapp, Peter Cock, Chris Fields, Nomi Harris) are expiring this year, but are deferred to later this year for re-election.
- Fiscal sponsor
- Update on fiscal sponsor situation
- Revamping the process for OBF’s financial reports
- OBF Code of Conduct
- Open floor
- Opportunities to engage
- Revisiting vision and mission
The meeting minutes are available in the obf-docs Github repository.