Comment period on potential BOSC 2023 keynote speakers is now open
We asked the community to nominate potential BOSC keynote speakers, and we were pleased with all the great suggestions! Now it’s time for the next phase of our process: we’re giving the community a chance to let us know if there is anything that makes any of the nominated individuals NOT appropriate as BOSC keynote speakers.
Our invited speaker process and rubric gives examples of some possible reasons for exclusion. If you have concerns about any of the people on our list, please let us know (with as much specificity as you feel comfortable providing) via this anonymous form no later than February 16, 2023.
The nominees (in alphabetical order by first name) are…
- Anne E. Carpenter (Broad Institute)
- Bérénice Batut (University of Freiburg / Open Life Science)
- Emma Hodcroft (University of Bern)
- Ishwar Chandramouliswaran (NIH)
- Joseph Yracheta (NativeBioData)
- Kevin Matthew Byrd (University of North Carolina, NIH/NIDCR, and the American Dental Association Science & Research Institute)
- Kizzmekia Corbett (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
- Laurie Goodman (GigaScience)
- Maria Nattestad (Google Health)
- Mark Robinson Rechavi (University of Zurich and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics)
- Meag Doherty (National Institutes of Health)
- Michael R. Crusoe (Common Workflow Language project)
- Nico Matentzoglu (semanticly)
- Nicolás Palopoli (University of Quilmes, Argentina)
- Sara El-Gebali (SciLifeLab Data Centre, FAIRPoints)
- Sofia Forslund (ECRC (MDC & Charité joint center), Berlin)
- Stephen Klusza (Clayton State University)
- Susanna Sansone (University of Oxford)
After the community comment period closes on February 16, the BOSC organizing committee will draw on this list to extend invitations to potential keynote speakers. Since we cannot know in advance who will accept the invitation, we may have to go beyond the list of those nominated. In that case, we will not rerun this process, but community members are always encouraged to inform the Organizing Committee if any speaker does not meet our standards.