|Please visit our ***NEW*** OBF/BOSC website: https://www.open-bio.org/|
From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
Revision as of 05:53, 26 July 2007 by Dlondon (New page: =BOSC Organization Overview= ==ISCB Contacts== * Steven Leard: Stevem os the main liason between the BOSC Organizing committee, and the ISCB. He is actually not a member of the ISCB, bu...)
BOSC Organization Overview
- Steven Leard: Stevem os the main liason between the BOSC Organizing committee, and the ISCB. He is actually not a member of the ISCB, but is contracted to be the liason. You can email him at any time with any question, and he will be able to get you the information, regardless of what it is. He is also the main contact for resolving financial reimbursements, etc. email: email@example.com
- Hershel Safer: I am not really sure what is role is, or whether he works for Steven or ISCB. He will email you for some things, and he will attend the SIG Coordinators Post-Mortem Meeting. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BJ Morrison McKay: Executive Officer of ISCB. She will attend the Post-Mortem as well. email: email@example.com
ISCB SIG Responsibilities
- Early to mid December: the SIG proposal is due to the ISCB (see the BOSC 2007 page for example dates, etc.). Provisional acceptance is announced by early January. At the BOSC 2007 Post-Mortem, it was resolved that the ISCB would make the SIG review process more transparent, e.g. publish the names of the review board, and a formal definitiion of review requirements.
- Early to mid December: Organize the BOSC organizing committee, and Abstract Review Board (these may overlap, but may not be the same).
- Late December: Create the Official BOSC Website. This should contain information on keynotes, ISMB registration dates and fees, and all requirements for submission of abstracts, lightning talks, demos, or whatever venues are included in the upcoming conference, including the important requirements for open source licensing of all software, etc. It should also contain links to:
- The Official ISMB site for the year
- The Opensource.org website, and official list of licenses pages
- Imediately after the BOSC website is made public: Announce and call for abstracts/lightning talks/etc. This should be This should be emailed out to all of the O|B|F mailing-lists. Recently I have just included a general statement, and a link to the Official OBF website for more information, instead of replicating what is in the site. I have always attempted to mail to multiple lists for the same O|B|F project, e.g. dev and announce, if it was possible. Each project has a mailman interface which you can find by appending the name of the list to http://bioperl.org/mailman/admindb/. You must get the password from Chris Dagdigian. This is useful for you to go in and 'allow' any BOSC announcements to these lists which get held in the moderator que when you are not a member of the list. Other lists will reject it outright, but you can respond to the reject email with a plea for help, and it will generally get taken care of by the official mailing list admin. The list of recipients can be expanded as needed.