|Please visit our ***NEW*** OBF/BOSC website: https://www.open-bio.org/|
In 2018, BOSC was held jointly with GCC as a combined GCCBOSC conference. In 2019, BOSC will be part of ISMB/ECCB in Basel. We hope to partner with GCC again in 2020 or 2021. [Read more https://news.open-bio.org/2018/08/02/taking-turns/ here about why we decided to hold BOSC with GCC in 2018 and ISMB in 2019.]
- July 21-25, 2019: ISMB 2019
BOSC covers all aspects of bioinformatics and open science software. Last year's topics included:
- Open Science and Reproducible Research
- Open Biomedical Data
- Citizen/Participatory Science
- Standards and Interoperability
- Data Science
- Medical and Translational Bioinformatics
- Developer Tools and Libraries
- Bioinformatics Open Source Project Progress Reports
BOSC Organizing Committee
- Nomi L. Harris (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Heather Wiencko (Hosted Graphite, Dublin Ireland)
Organizing Committee Members
- Brad Chapman (Biopython developer; Harvard School of Public Health)
- Peter Cock (Biopython developer; James Hutton Institute)
- Christopher Fields (National Center for Supercomputing Applications)
- Karsten Hokamp (Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Bastian Rieck (ETH Zurich)
- Bastian Greshake Tzovaras (Open Humans)
- BOSC has been held yearly since 2000.
- BOSC 2018 was held June 26-27, 2018 (with training days June 24-25 and a CollaborationFest June 28-29) at Reed College in Portland, Oregon as part of the GCCBOSC 2018 bioinformatics community conference co-hosted with the Galaxy Community Conference. Check out the complete schedule!
- Information about the first 19 BOSC conferences
Code of Conduct
The GCCBOSC 2018 Code of Conduct can be found here. The ISMB Code of Conduct is currently being revised; we will link to it soon.
- Follow BOSC on Twitter: @OBF_BOSC, #bosc2019
- If you'd like to join the mailing list for BOSC-related announcements, including the call for abstracts and deadline reminders, please subscribe to bosc-announce. This list has low traffic, and your address will be kept private.
- If you have questions about the conference, or would like to volunteer to help out, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.