|Please visit our ***NEW*** OBF/BOSC website: https://www.open-bio.org/|
Difference between revisions of "Board"
(→Past Board Members)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
:; [:Chris Fields] : [:BioPerl] core developer, the [http://www.igb.uiuc.edu/ Institute for Genomic Biology] at the [http://www.uiuc.edu/ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign].
Revision as of 11:20, 14 November 2017
Board of Directors
The board can be contacted via email at email@example.com
- Research Scientist, Duke University, and PI, Open Tree of Life.
- Project Manager at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. BOSC 2016 co-chair.
- Senior bioinformatician, R&D team lead at Plusvital.
Past Board Members
- Ewan Birney
- Former OBF President. BioPerl core developer. Currently Co-Director of the EBI.
- Andrew Dalke
- Former Secretary. Represented Biopython & Dalke Scientific.
- Steven E. Brenner
- Former At-large member. Professor at University of California, Berkeley.
- Kam Dahlquist
- Former At-large Member. Associate Professor at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles.
- Chris Dagdigian
- Former Treasurer. BioPerl co-founder & OBF sysadmin. Employed by the BioTeam.
- Jason Stajich
- Former OBF President. BioPerl core developer. Currently Professor at University of California, Riverside.
Board of Directors Meetings
Upcoming Board Meeting:
- To be announced
Minutes of past Board Meetings:
- Conference call Oct 4, 2016
- Conference call May 12, 2015
- Conference call Nov 18, 2014
- Conference call Dec 12, 2013
- Conference call Apr 9, 2013
- Conference call Nov 13, 2012
- Conference call Sep 11, 2012
- Conference call Dec 13, 2011
- Conference call Nov 8, 2011
- Conference call Oct 5, 2010
- Conference call Dec 14, 2009
- 2009 BOSC Meeting
- Conference call Nov 19, 2008
- 2008 BOSC Meeting
- 2007 BOSC Meeting
- No Board Meeting was held in 2006.
- 2005 BOSC Meeting
- 2004 BOSC Meeting
- 2002 BOSC Meeting
Joining the Board
According to the bylaws, "Nominations for the Board of Directors may be made by the general membership at any time throughout the year by email to any Board Member." (see Art. IV.1) The Board tries on an ongoing basis to create opportunities for members of the community to serve, while also ensuring stability of the Board. Opportunities for filling a seat, either through expansion of the Board, or by replacing a Board member whose term expires, arise in most years, and the Board is always interested to hear from volunteers from the community interested in serving.
Please see general expectations for Board members.
The Nominating Committee, which used to be described here until recently, no longer exists as a fixed entity. It was removed in the Oct 2016 revisions to the Bylaws.