In 2018, BOSC was held jointly with GCC as a combined GCCBOSC conference. In 2019, BOSC will be part of ISMB/ECCB in Basel. We hope to partner with GCC again in 2020 or 2021. Read more here about why we decided to hold BOSC with GCC in 2018 and ISMB in 2019.
- February, 2019: Abstract submission opens
- April 11, 2019: Deadline for submitting talk/poster abstracts
- May 9, 2019: Authors notified
- July 21-25, 2019: ISMB/ECCB 2019, Basel, Switzerland
- July 24-25, 2019: BOSC 2019, Basel, Switzerland
- July 26-28, 2019: CollaborationFest 2019, location TBD
BOSC covers all aspects of bioinformatics and open science software. Last year's topics included:
- Open Science and Reproducible Research
- Open Biomedical Data
- Citizen/Participatory Science
- Standards and Interoperability
- Data Science
- Medical and Translational Bioinformatics
- Developer Tools and Libraries
- Bioinformatics Open Source Project Progress Reports
BOSC Organizing Committee
- Nomi L. Harris (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)--Chair
- Peter Cock (Biopython developer; James Hutton Institute)
- Christopher Fields (National Center for Supercomputing Applications)
- Bastian Greshake Tzovaras (Open Humans)
- Michael Heuer (UC Berkeley)
- Karsten Hokamp (Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Monica Munoz-Torres (Oregon State University)
- Bastian Rieck (ETH Zurich)
- Heather Wiencko (Hosted Graphite, Dublin Ireland)--Co-Chair
- BOSC has been held yearly since 2000.
- BOSC 2018 was held June 26-27, 2018 (with training days June 24-25 and a CollaborationFest June 28-29) at Reed College in Portland, Oregon as part of the GCCBOSC 2018 bioinformatics community conference co-hosted with the Galaxy Community Conference. Check out the complete schedule!
- Information about the first 19 BOSC conferences
Code of Conduct
As part of ISMB/ECCB 2019, BOSC 2019 will be covered by ISMB's Code of Conduct..
- Follow BOSC on Twitter: @OBF_BOSC, #bosc2019
- If you'd like to join the mailing list for BOSC-related announcements, including the call for abstracts and deadline reminders, please subscribe to bosc-announce. This list has low traffic, and your address will be kept private.
- If you have questions about the conference, or would like to volunteer to help out, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.