From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
- Presented at BOSC 2006 (Fortaleza) and became a member of the O|B|F.
- Presented at BOSC 2007 (Vienna) and attended the O|B|F Board meeting.
- Chair of the Organizing Committee for BOSC 2008 (Toronto).
- Chair of the Organizing Committee for BOSC 2009 (Stockholm).
- Chair of the Organizing Committee for BOSC 2010 (Boston) and Editor of the BOSC 2010 Proceedings.
- At-large Member of the Board of Directors for the O|B|F from 19 November 2008 to 5 October 2010.
- XMLPipeDB: A Reusable, Open Source Tool Chain for Building Relational Databases from XML Sources; creating MAPPs and Gene Databases for the GenMAPP software
- The Global Transcriptional Response of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to Cold Shock and Recovery
- Mathematical Modeling of the Transcriptional Network Controlling the Environmental Stress Response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Identifying Soil Bacteria and Biochemical Pathways in the Ballona Wetlands for the Bioremediation of Organic Pollutants
You may be interested in my recent publication concerning the use of Open Source principles in teaching bioinformatics.
- Dionisio, JDN and Dahlquist, KD Improving the Computer Science in Bioinformatics Through Open Source Pedagogy SIGCSE Bulletin 2008 Jun; 40(2) 115-9. doi:10.1145/1383602.1383648 Abstract
Kam D. Dahlquist, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Biology Loyola Marymount University 1 LMU Drive, MS8220 Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659 USA kdahlquist [at] lmu [dot] edu