From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
/news/feed/ rss OBF RSS]</td></tr> |+|
<tr><td>[http://news.open-bio.org/feed/ OBF RSS]</td></tr>
/news/feed/ rss</rss></td></tr> |+|
/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ rss BioPerl RSS]</td></tr> |+|
<tr><td>[http://news.open-bio.org/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ BioPerl RSS]</td></tr>
/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ rss</rss></td></tr> |+|
| || |
Latest revision as of 00:16, 19 February 2016
- Updates are coming!
- About a year ago, the OBF shared plans to get more involved with the open science community, and followed up by recruiting two board members for this purpose. Since then, we’ve tried to keep up m...
- Yo Yehudi 2018-11-19 21:44:08
- New OBF logo
- We have successfully crowd-sourced a new OBF logo! The process started at the OBF Birds of a Feather meeting at GCCBOSC 2018 when the OBF leaders announced that we were seeking a new logo design....
- Nomi Harris 2018-11-05 22:00:53
- OBF membership form fixed
- We recently discovered that the application to join the OBF (linked from the OBF membership page) was not working. It broke some time after August 31. We have now replaced it and it is working once...
- Nomi Harris 2018-10-26 17:24:19
- The color of bioinformatics: what is it and how can it be modified?
- This is a guest blog post from Tendai Mutangadura, who was supported by the ongoing Open Bioinformatics Foundation travel fellowship program to attend the GCCBOSC 2018 meeting in Portland, June...
- Tendai Mutangadura 2018-08-29 10:33:49
- City of roses they call it – Portland Oregon (USA)
- How should I start describing the fruitful experience in this amazing city… First time ever in Portland, second time attending BOSC… I knew I was signing up for a great time but...
- Farah Zaib Khan 2018-08-18 15:27:34
- Taking Turns
- BOSC 2019 will be part of ISMB 2019 Every year until 2018, BOSC was part of the annual ISMB conference as a community of special interest (COSI, formerly known as a SIG, Special Interest Group). As...
- Nomi Harris 2018-08-02 16:55:44
- GCCBOSC 2018 post-meeting report
- This year, the Galaxy Community Conference (GCC) and the Bioinformatics Community Conference (BOSC) met together to form the first Bioinformatics Community Conference. At GCCBOSC 2018, participants...
- Nomi Harris 2018-07-27 19:52:39
- Following up from BOSC’s OBF Birds of a Feather meeting
- It was really great to meet so many of you at GCCBOSC this year! We will soon have a couple of Travel Fellowship blog posts talking about the conference, so we won’t provide too much of a general...
- Yo Yehudi 2018-07-09 15:49:30
- Biopython 1.72 released
- Dear Biopythoneers, I’m writing this in Portland at the GCC BOSC 2018 conference, where I will present the Biopython Project Update 2018 talk tomorrow. Yesterday during my airport layover...
- Peter 2018-06-27 19:06:41
- OBF Birds of a Feather at GCCBOSC 2018
- If you’re going to GCCBOSC 2018, we invite you to join us at the OBF Birds of a Feather on Wednesday, June 27, from 5:40-7:40pm. Come and chat over dinner! Everyone is invited, whether yo...
- Nomi Harris 2018-06-14 18:11:25
- Mailing list consolidation
- The OBF’s self-hosted mailman server is still struggling right now, so we are looking at migrating the active mailing lists to paid hosting, and as part of this consolidating down to idea...
- Peter 2017-12-15 19:52:57
- BioPerl v1.7.0 released
- We are happy to announce the long-awaited release of BioPerl v1.7.0. The release is now available on CPAN and Github. During this release series, we will move some extraneous code to separate...
- Chris Fields 2016-09-25 15:10:29
- Sadly OBF not accepted for GSoC 2015
- Last year's Google Summer of Code 2014 was very productive for the OBF with six students working on Bio* and related bioinformatics projects. We applied to be part of GSoC 2015, but unfortunate...
- Peter 2015-03-03 13:30:35
- Call for Organization Admins for OBF’s 2014 Google Summer of Code participation
- Update: The deadline for responding has been extended to January 25. The 2014 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is coming up soon. The published timeline puts the mentoring organization applications fro...
- Hilmar Lapp 2014-01-15 00:04:20
- BioPerl release 1.6.923
- The latest BioPerl release (v1.6.923) is now available on CPAN. This is a point release to address a few bugs, as well as push out the recent code updates that Francisco Ossandón has made to impro...
- Chris Fields 2013-12-19 05:24:25
- BioPerl v.1.6.910 released
- UPDATE: As a bit of time has passed since we originally intended to make a new release, I forgot that (in that time period) Carnë Draug had released a split-out version of Bio::Biblio to CPAN this...
- Chris Fields 2013-09-08 03:48:25
- Travis-CI for Testing
- <a href="http://bioruby.org">BioRuby</a>, <a href="http://biopython.org">Biopython</a> and <a href="bioperl.org">BioPerl</a>...
- Peter 2012-07-30 13:24:09
- BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, BioPerl-Network 1.6.9 released
- The latest BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, and BioPerl-Network code has been released to CPAN: BioPerl-Run BioPerl-DB BioPerl-Network Please report any bugs to our Redmine server. Enjoy! chris
- Chris Fields 2011-04-21 20:12:53
- BioPerl 1.6.9 released
- BioPerl 1.6.9 is now available in CPAN. In this release: Refactored Bio::Species/Bio::Tree New SeqIO modules (gbxml, msout, mbsout) Updates for perl 5.12 Bio::Assembly support for SAM/BAM, Newble...
- Chris Fields 2011-04-14 20:03:27
- OBF and Google Summer of Code 2011
- Google announced today the Open Bioinformatics Foundation (OBF) has been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2011 Google Summer of Code! <a href="https://news.open-bio.org/2011...
- Peter 2011-03-18 21:44:22