From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
/news/feed/ rss OBF RSS]</td></tr> |+|
<tr><td>[http://news.open-bio.org/feed/ OBF RSS]</td></tr>
/news/feed/ rss</rss></td></tr> |+|
/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ rss BioPerl RSS]</td></tr> |+|
<tr><td>[http://news.open-bio.org/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ BioPerl RSS]</td></tr>
/news/category/obf-projects/bioperl/feed/ rss</rss></td></tr> |+|
| || |
Latest revision as of 00:16, 19 February 2016
- BOSC 2017 in Prague, the land of stories (and beer)
- This is a guest blog post from Farah Zaib Khan, who was supported by the ongoing Open Bioinformatics Foundation travel fellowship program to attend our annual conference BOSC 2017 and its precedi...
- Farah Zaib Khan 2017-11-21 14:02:57
- OBF visioning 2017
- TL;DR: The OBF isn’t doing enough in public policy and advocacy around Open Science, and we are looking to recruit a new board member who is interested in this role. Is that you? If yes,...
- Karen Cranston 2017-11-14 17:08:43
- Mailing list outage, and public board meeting update
- This time of year we’d normally be having a public board meeting as part of our commitment to communication with our member projects and the wider OBF community. As per our bylaws we noti...
- Heather Wiencko 2017-11-12 09:50:20
- BOSC 2017 report
- BOSC 2017 (https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2017) was held in Prague in July 2017 as part of the annual ISMB conference. Nearly 250 people, half of whom were first-time attendees, participate...
- Nomi Harris 2017-10-28 23:01:19
- Biopython on Podcast.__init__
- Podcast.__init__ describes itself as “The Podcast About Python and the People Who Make It Great”, and the most recent episode is “Biopython with Peter Cock, Wibowo Ari...
- Peter 2017-09-05 16:17:08
- OBF Travel Fellowship – BOSC session of the ECCB/ISMB 2017
- This blog post is syndicated from a post on Jonathan Sobel’s blog, originally published July 27, 2017. Jonathan was supported by the ongoing OBF travel fellowship program to attend the 20...
- Chris Fields 2017-08-28 14:43:53
- OBF Travel Fellowship – IGC Bioinformatics Training
- This blog post is syndicated from a post on Vitalina Kirgizova’s blog, originally published June 6, 2017. Vitalina was supported by the ongoing OBF travel fellowship program to attend bio...
- Hilmar Lapp 2017-08-28 02:21:27
- Travel fellowships: deadline August 15
- The next deadline for the OBF travel fellowship is coming up soon on August 15, 2017. If you are attending any event that develops / promotes open source software or open science, and you are willi...
- Karen Cranston 2017-07-29 13:17:44
- Biopython 1.70 released
- Dear Biopythoneers, Source distributions of Biopython 1.70 are now available from the downloads page on the official Biopython website, and the release is also on the Python Package Index (PyPI)....
- Peter 2017-07-11 10:45:49
- Travel award recipients for April 2017
- We had a huge response to this round of the OBF travel award. After reviewing the applications, the OBF board selected four recipients. Three applicants accepted awards, and all plan to use the fu...
- Karen Cranston 2017-06-05 14:36:29
- BioPerl v1.7.0 released
- We are happy to announce the long-awaited release of BioPerl v1.7.0. The release is now available on CPAN and Github. During this release series, we will move some extraneous code to separate...
- Chris Fields 2016-09-25 15:10:29
- Sadly OBF not accepted for GSoC 2015
- Last year's Google Summer of Code 2014 was very productive for the OBF with six students working on Bio* and related bioinformatics projects. We applied to be part of GSoC 2015, but unfortunate...
- Peter 2015-03-03 13:30:35
- Call for Organization Admins for OBF’s 2014 Google Summer of Code participation
- Update: The deadline for responding has been extended to January 25. The 2014 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is coming up soon. The published timeline puts the mentoring organization applications fro...
- Hilmar Lapp 2014-01-15 00:04:20
- BioPerl release 1.6.923
- The latest BioPerl release (v1.6.923) is now available on CPAN. This is a point release to address a few bugs, as well as push out the recent code updates that Francisco Ossandón has made to impro...
- Chris Fields 2013-12-19 05:24:25
- BioPerl v.1.6.910 released
- UPDATE: As a bit of time has passed since we originally intended to make a new release, I forgot that (in that time period) Carnë Draug had released a split-out version of Bio::Biblio to CPAN this...
- Chris Fields 2013-09-08 03:48:25
- Travis-CI for Testing
- <a href="http://bioruby.org">BioRuby</a>, <a href="http://biopython.org">Biopython</a> and <a href="bioperl.org">BioPerl</a>...
- Peter 2012-07-30 13:24:09
- BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, BioPerl-Network 1.6.9 released
- The latest BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, and BioPerl-Network code has been released to CPAN: BioPerl-Run BioPerl-DB BioPerl-Network Please report any bugs to our Redmine server. Enjoy! chris
- Chris Fields 2011-04-21 20:12:53
- BioPerl 1.6.9 released
- BioPerl 1.6.9 is now available in CPAN. In this release: Refactored Bio::Species/Bio::Tree New SeqIO modules (gbxml, msout, mbsout) Updates for perl 5.12 Bio::Assembly support for SAM/BAM, Newble...
- Chris Fields 2011-04-14 20:03:27
- OBF and Google Summer of Code 2011
- Google announced today the Open Bioinformatics Foundation (OBF) has been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2011 Google Summer of Code! <a href="https://news.open-bio.org/2011...
- Peter 2011-03-18 21:44:22
- Introduction of OpenID logins for OBF wikis
- Due to a huge influx of spam across all OBF wikis, we are in the process of locking down new user account creation and adding OpenID logins for the OBF wikis (BioPerl example). User account creatio...
- Chris Fields 2011-03-17 17:29:38