From Open Bioinformatics Foundation
|Failed to load RSS feed from http://news.open-bio.org/feed/: HTTP request timed out.|
- Mailing list consolidation
- The OBF’s self-hosted mailman server is still struggling right now, so we are looking at migrating the active mailing lists to paid hosting, and as part of this consolidating down to idea...
- Peter 2017-12-15 19:52:57
- BioPerl v1.7.0 released
- We are happy to announce the long-awaited release of BioPerl v1.7.0. The release is now available on CPAN and Github. During this release series, we will move some extraneous code to separate...
- Chris Fields 2016-09-25 15:10:29
- Sadly OBF not accepted for GSoC 2015
- Last year's Google Summer of Code 2014 was very productive for the OBF with six students working on Bio* and related bioinformatics projects. We applied to be part of GSoC 2015, but unfortunate...
- Peter 2015-03-03 13:30:35
- Call for Organization Admins for OBF’s 2014 Google Summer of Code participation
- Update: The deadline for responding has been extended to January 25. The 2014 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is coming up soon. The published timeline puts the mentoring organization applications fro...
- Hilmar Lapp 2014-01-15 00:04:20
- BioPerl release 1.6.923
- The latest BioPerl release (v1.6.923) is now available on CPAN. This is a point release to address a few bugs, as well as push out the recent code updates that Francisco Ossandón has made to impro...
- Chris Fields 2013-12-19 05:24:25
- BioPerl v.1.6.910 released
- UPDATE: As a bit of time has passed since we originally intended to make a new release, I forgot that (in that time period) Carnë Draug had released a split-out version of Bio::Biblio to CPAN this...
- Chris Fields 2013-09-08 03:48:25
- Travis-CI for Testing
- <a href="http://bioruby.org">BioRuby</a>, <a href="http://biopython.org">Biopython</a> and <a href="bioperl.org">BioPerl</a>...
- Peter 2012-07-30 13:24:09
- BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, BioPerl-Network 1.6.9 released
- The latest BioPerl-DB, BioPerl-Run, and BioPerl-Network code has been released to CPAN: BioPerl-Run BioPerl-DB BioPerl-Network Please report any bugs to our Redmine server. Enjoy! chris
- Chris Fields 2011-04-21 20:12:53
- BioPerl 1.6.9 released
- BioPerl 1.6.9 is now available in CPAN. In this release: Refactored Bio::Species/Bio::Tree New SeqIO modules (gbxml, msout, mbsout) Updates for perl 5.12 Bio::Assembly support for SAM/BAM, Newble...
- Chris Fields 2011-04-14 20:03:27
- OBF and Google Summer of Code 2011
- Google announced today the Open Bioinformatics Foundation (OBF) has been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2011 Google Summer of Code! <a href="https://news.open-bio.org/2011...
- Peter 2011-03-18 21:44:22